On Creative Writing: Professor Subramani has discussed creative writing and advanced creative writing in a series of videos.
This series of video presentations on creative writing is designed to instruct and inspire writers and students of writing. They are 25 segments, originally produced by Raivision Academy of Film and Rams Creative Temple (Producers), Prof Subramani (writer/presenter) and Dr Satish Rai (Director/Camera/Editor). The producers have given us kind permission to present them here.
They take us through the creative process, from initial impulse to write to imaginatively expanding the narrative and editing and seeking publication. Some of difficult problems of writing are explained in simple terms for beginners such as the following:
- Creativity as a mysterious or divine gift
- Inspiration versus commitment and persistence
- From seed to imaginatively realised narrative
- Expanding the imagination through reading
- Seeking meaning and resolution
- Preparing manuscript.